View Single Post
Old 07-03-2012, 09:25 AM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athymari
I was thinking yesterday.

Could a lucid dream be nothing more then a daydream, whilst our bodies are asleep?

I was sat last night watching TV fully taking in what i saw and heard, body relaxed whilst also at the same time in my mind I was sat on the edge of a fountain infront of a large house during night time. I was kicking my heels up wondering' is this the equivilent of lucid dreaming?'

Sat on the sofa my face did not change, but in my mind I laughed out loud and looked straight up at the night sky. I realised that it was very much the same. I could see the tree line, the fountain edge and wondered that if my body was sending me no visual, hearing or feeling input - would i then find myself in a dream?

What do you think. Is imagination and a dream actually the same thing?

I suppose they could be, both are forms of consciousness, noetical imagery just concentrated from the opposing side. A day dream is really pretty similar to a night dream for me. Maybe day dreams are triggered by circadian rythyms and you would fall to sleep if the body wasnt so engaged in the activity of being awake. Its much like a meditation hey. I believe the middle ground between these two states is sleep walking where you are conscious in the sub conscious environment and the body follows along as it has nothing else to do. I think you are on to something there Athymari.......thats pretty cool that you can lucid day dream