View Single Post
Old 25-06-2016, 02:44 PM
confusionsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Confusionsay,

I like the play on the words "Confucius says" with your name. A hearty welcome to the forum, with such an excellent post!

Allow me to provide some perspectives which may help resolve the dilemma you've described as "...I wonder if maybe there just is nothing for me and this is a good as it gets, why does only nothing keep happening?"

Nothing does not change....because nothing cannot change....

....if one understands that Tao is no-thing to be changed. Why?

Because if you've recognized that "ahhh this is the word for the things i already know"....it is a short leap to understand that this is also the word to connote the "thing" you already are...Tao.

As expanded in the 1st reference, consider that all the "things" you want to do, and all the "things" you want to be, and all the "things" you want to have...as mentioned in your post are essentially ALL ONE THING: Tao.

Doing without doing is accomplished because Tao, and only Tao, is all there is to do or to be anything. There is no “you” or any “activity” besides Tao to do or to be or to change or to perceive.

While you believe your name is (fill in the blank), as Tao, you have no name (not even “Tao” is your name)!

Consider also this perspective to answer your question above about "is there nothing for you".

As expanded in the 2nd reference: There is nothing for you, because there is only everything as you.

If Tao is the essence of you and all of Creation (including "what you desire"), then it is not desire that causes pain. The pain is caused by mistakenly perceiving that "what you desire" is somehow separate from you and that you are separate from "what you desire"....because you have forgotten that you are already, always what IT eternally is AS Itself.

It is Tao, and only Tao, whose slightest movement...animates our very Being, as Itself, and as the "object of our "desire".

Hope this, and the references below, helps you see that:

All is Tao being Itself, by Itself, as Itself….including the experience of you reading this to yourself.

Guthrio, a warm hearted thank you for your welcoming post.

I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, i wanted to take in everything you said.
I think you put it very well in all you said.. Better than I could have.

Yes I believe I understand. My way is my way. there is nothing else.
just being me, is all that can be done. So then the next step would be , who am I? What do i want etc. . I am exploring these fundamental things. by just literally not doing right now. It is necessary for me to find a path. I am Doing this path as it is appropriate in the moment and my circumstances.

I would be lying if I said I did not desire to have a different path than to just do nothing day in day out.

I know there is something greater than this. But even just posting things on this site is living my "way" sharing my knowledge. Giving to others by offering my truth to them etc. is something.

It is maybe not ideal. But its a start. gotta start somewhere.

I need a path to employ what Ive learned. to challenge myself, to help others, and to wake up in the morning with purpose. thats the simplicity of my problem. I get what my purpose is, but what is my lifes work, my path? make sense? the question was rhetorical though, since no one can answer it but me.

great peace!