Thread: Semantics
View Single Post
Old 24-01-2017, 05:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Dysfunctional quotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
By the way you worded your initial post, I thought you were disagreeing with people who choose to make their experiences impersonal and I was agreeing with you
Unfortunately, the entire commentary is not quoted here so I have no idea what you are referring to.

Quote:
....then I read "to you"
I went back to the post and found this:
Quote:
"Seriously though the lack of personal pronoun use to indicate some kind of 'transcendence' of the personal is plain silly."
So I wrote: "To you!", meaning that I see this as your opinion or personal experience but not as a disagreement.

Quote:
... and "to each their own" which reads like you are disagreeing with me agreeing with you. Thus I am confused now.
Here again, I've gone back to the original commentary to find this:
Quote:
Yes, it is all semantics and why I left the path of Advaita Vedanta and embraced the path of Tantra fully after that. It was the next step in my spiritual evolution and the most logical route for me to take.
I wrote "To each his own." to merely indicate that I am OK with whatever path or process you or anybody wishes to take or follow but not to agree or disagrees with your choices.
I don't see agreeing or disagreeing as a very healthy way to discuss things whereas personal choices might work better in a discussion. I have my unique preferences and assume that others also have unique preferences as well and those preferences do not need to be identical for me to have a useful, friendly discussion with others.