View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 09:15 PM
Aidan108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
A friend of mine died a few years ago, it flickered on my sadness radar for a couple of weeks and then, that was it. Maybe the friendship had reached the end of the road.

My father- 6 months and I still found myself sobbing. And I can't quite say why. He had in many respects gone, he was a shell of his former self, his dementia left him fairly unable to communicate, doubly incontinent, thin and frail, almost blind, unable to walk properly or feed himself.

And I don't understand my grief as it is totallyirrational as he was to all intents and purposes gone. But the psychic element, the energetic element of his passing has been immense. He is with me so frequently that it hurts.

But I don't understand it.

I have always said that this sort of experience is proof that spirits stay with us after their physical death, you could argue that your friend didn't want to cause you undue pain and your father was still checking in on you after 6 months now that he was himself again. After my grandfather passed away I regularly had sudden bursts of upset because I could feel he was there in some form. I'm just glad that now I can feel this presence and smile knowing he's there and hopw that this is the case for you too