Thread: Important
View Single Post
Old 30-10-2006, 02:33 AM
GoldChord

Hi,

This is a really tricky issue and I have avoided weighing in on the debate. But I now cannot help myself. Here's what I think:

1. Moderators should not have to put up with any form of abuse or harassment via the private messaging system.

2. Private messages should not be published without permission of the author - under any circumstances.

3. It seems to me that the purpose of publishing any of this material (this seems to be the implication behind this thread) is that it will in some way name and shame the perpetrator so they refrain from this activity and will prevent others. I am not in favour in naming and shaming anyone for any reason. It seems totally contrary to the nature of this forum where love and support must prevail even in the face of bad behaviour.

4. I do believe that in the forum rules section that members agree to when they sign up there should be a section addressing the place and role of moderators that affirms that while moderators are there to facilitate us in concerns and issues through private messaging that might not be for discussion on the forum they must be treated (and posted) in the same manner as any public post.

5. I am in favour of a scale of limitations for anyone breaking these rules determined by collaboration between moderators.

I'm sure this doesn't solve anything. But I'm sure it will give some food for thought.

Take care