View Single Post
Old 29-11-2018, 03:47 AM
Experiencer
O.K time to play devil's advocate, as much as this might be unpopular to readers of this fourm.

According to all the scientific journals and publications I have read, crystal healing is no more than a pseudoscience and has never been proven. Don't get me wrong, I love crystals, but realize they are just pretty trinkets and don't really hold any special mystical abilities.

Chromotherapy has been practiced for many years, but that doesn't mean it actually works. This is like wave genetics or the E-Meter toted by Scientologists. The study linked on this post about the chromotherapy doesn't seem all that scientific, talking about auras and energy fields, in fact the last statement on the study is about God, which to be quite frank, takes away from some of the credibility of the report, and the references seem to be mainly comprised of light therapy institutions. I wonder if anyone can quote something from a scientific publication and not some author's opinion on a various webpage ?

Sure quartz has functions for technologies such as watch movement, but running a watch and healing a person are 2 different things entirely. It would be like saying Asbestos has a scientific use for building and fire retardants, so it must be a magical healing mineral. Of course fire retardants are much different than healing, just as different as a watch movement is to healing....

Of course many people swear by crystal healing, but there is such a thing as the placebo effect. Beliefs do however have power in itself, but that doesn't make them scientifically viable. Go ahead and cut off that rabbit's foot, doesn't mean it will bring you any luck, in fact the rabbit probably has a different view on the matter. " Crystal healing science " is kind of an oxymoron. I would love to be proven wrong on the matter.

There is of course minerals that have borderline suggestive physical uses, but have not been verified with any physical results. Tourmaline emits negative ions, which in theory can positively impact our mood, but so far has little practical use other than hair dryers. The study that was linked on this page about negative ions has more to do with natural bioelectrical environments, and not so much to do with negative ions or tourmaline. Even the publishers end conclusion admits this is just theory and speculation.\

Shungite is quite interesting in how it can remove impurities, but this is essentially similar to silver, it's not actually healing just cancelling out the negative impurities. It's not actually the shungite that's healing, it's just removing the negative minerals that can impact healing. I suppose on a broad level, that is sort of healing, so I get your point. However if I prevent someone from poisoning you, do I have healing abilities ? Bleach will kill bacteria, does it have healing abilities ?

Sorry I had to put my 2 cents in when I see this labeled as " science ", feel free to chase me with torches and pitchforks !