View Single Post
Old 08-04-2011, 03:53 AM
stepspractice

The Runes.... I have a deep connection with the Runes. I was given a bag of runes for my 29th birthday along with the book by Ralph Blum... that was 23 years ago. There is a great deal of controversy regarding the authenticity of Blum's interpretation and there are many wonderful books on the subject that delve into the ancient roots of this divination tool.

My suggestion would be to do a google search on the runes and explore the various teachings on their history and use. Check out the various rune sets to buy. See what you connect with on a deeper level. What books are you drawn to, what rune sets, etc.

The only way to really "get to know" the runes is by using them. Each runic symbol has a specific meaning related to it - kind of like a tarot card. You will get to know the runes and their meaning over time. Pick up a set that you like and engage in some "rune play." I like using the runes party because I like the feel of them in my hands. There is a strong connection through touch that I haven't found with other divination tools.

I look forward to what other's have to say on the subject and what you yourself find in your search.

Blessed be.