View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 02:34 PM
gerrygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Willow
Do you think reality is a pick-and-choose thingy?

But if it's just a matter of preferences, I'd rather be a gazillion different entities in as many lifetimes than be forced to live in a static eternity, no matter how heavenly.

Eternal life would be the ultimate eradicator of all meaning. Even the longest stretch of time would be insignificant compared to the rest of infinity, and moments would be washed away in an endless sea of time.
If you have a hard time wrapping your mind around that, just imagine how long it would take for your favourite food to be very much indigestible if you had to eat it again and again for weeks on end. Eternity would be a bit like that, only much, MUCH worse.

Personally, I consider the sorts of afterlife that posit a more of less Cockaigne-like, eternal existence to be naive wish fulfillment fantasies originally thought up by people who sought permanence in impermanence, and imagined that nothing would be better than to prolong a blissful, desirable state throughout eternity.

Is there a reason why you perceive remaing on the spiritual plane is "static"? Being a spirit guide has much soul development and purpose! Yes/No? And its own lessons, for example, imagine how frustrating it could be to be there an invisible and loving force walking beside someone, loving and supporting them, without recognition? Isnt that a gift of learning for soul? To love unconditionally being a pillar to strength? Your own personal life lessons and spiritual growth and learning being your gift to help another in spirit? I wouldnt call that static, I would call that an honour, I suppose the only differrence is, if Life and its trappings is something that IS deamed as important to an person, personally there is not very much in terms of the physical plane that I find "important" other than enough money to PAY the takers to be able to live here and feed myself, other than that its mostly being able to smell the air, and touch things the sensation of things, mostly I would rather be in spirit again LOL!!! Its a lot less complicated LOL