View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 06:41 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentSun
Oh haha if you already consider me an adversary, you'd hate to actually make me angry. I've just been through painful things as well and I thought I could shed some light on your predicament. That said, I'm also not a very nice person and even my best intentions come across as harsh. I apologize.

But it's still very rude to call the belief of another "rubbish". Even if you feel that way, there are more respectful ways to say so. Starting a statement with "no offense" doesn't really make it less offensive. But I agree, some of these New Age beliefs can be pretty....out there. It's like our generation can't decide between arrogant atheism or magically poofing this body away.

Both sides of the spectrum can be pretty irritating. And if you haven't seen for yourself yet, a lot of people specifically come on forums like this just to criticize other people and their spiritual beliefs. I could name a few but I'd probably get in trouble. If you truly are seeking truth, skeptical as you may be, I apologize for wrongly assuming you to be a troll. You're just another millennial haha.

Some "evidence"....Not necessarily for this topic, but for synchronicity and/or numerology. Take it as you will. 2016, like it has been for many others, was a powerful year for me. A lot of hard times, but a lot of growth for my partner and I as well. '16....year of the 9. Now, if you hadn't noticed, I'm a very angry opinionated person. That's something I've been working on. As well as a phobia of emotional/verbal conflict, which is a pretty bad combination. I'm never on a forum for long before I get in an argument and never return.

I really don't want that to happen here, because this forum is one of the few that have actually helped me out in life. I've learned a lot since I started coming here. So if I do get in a debate with anyone, whether or not we have legitimate points, the whole situation is even more distressing to me. Our "argument" would be a good example.

Stupid as it is, waiting for your replies had me a nervous wreck. I always feel like I'm an unwilling magnet for conflict. Although part of me must enjoy is, because "winning" is simply more satisfying than compromise. But I'm learning to appreciate peaceful resolution more. Last time I was waiting for you to reply, torn between compromise and competition, I noticed the post count for this thread: 16. Then YOUR post count at the time: 94. Then noticed the (possibly incorrect/glitching) time on a clock....somewhere? This happens so much that I try to ignore it, so I don't remember which clock it was. Or what exactly the time said. But it had a combination of 1, 4, 6, and/or 9. Notice a theme here?

I see those numbers everywhere. When I do, I think/know that whatever I do (or don't do) next is extremely important. That's why I didn't respond right away; I was still riled up, and I had the option to either add to the tension or learn something from it. Maybe even teach something too.

You still come across as a bit snarky, but I know I do too. I pride myself on my arrogance at times. Even so, I'm glad I took the time to cool down before replying. Your polite response to someone more kind than myself (FairyCrystal) is what indicated to me that you aren't an atheist troll. If you were, you would react the same to both kindness and cruelty from folks on this website.

As for those numbers I always see, don't ask what they mean or why I see them. I've been wondering the same thing. Maybe they mean nothing at all; perhaps I make them mean something, an example of confirmation bias. Maybe it's a self-fulfilling prophecy and I've just trained myself to check the clock at certain times. Either way, I make important decisions and think them through carefully when I see those numbers. And I've always had a problem with making decisions for myself.

Is any of that evidence to you? I don't imagine it is, because I'm skeptical of it myself haha. There is no logical explanation for seeing certain numbers all the time. But it happens so much that I'm kind of creeped out by it, and that makes me wish that it is just rubbish. It's easier to believe I'm insane.

So I apologize for our misunderstanding, I'd be a liar if I said I can't be bitter sometimes too.

If it makes you feel any better, my mother is dead too.

Edit: Since you added more to your last post, I have one more point to address now: online debate. Online anything, really. I'm not a big fan of the internet or our generation in general. Since I was a child, I've always believed that the internet and other long-distance electronic communication has made people very impersonal and disrespectful. Common courtesy has been surpassed by smartasses and sarcasm.

Well don't worry about it, it's forgiven and forgotten and I'm glad we got this to a reasonable end. Instead of adding fuel to the fire and reacting more defensively, I decided it was best to fight fire with water instead of constantly fighting fire with fire, something which I have to stop doing myself as well, and it's nice to see it brought me a wonderful result. Sorry once again for my first post here, it's just the fact that harsh and rough forms of debating is a part of my life. I have this kind of debates with my closest friends all the time, so I didn't knew any better here. But I suppose I should adjust and make it look less rude the next time. I don't think that you are a bad person at all though, now that we worked it out you seem kinda nice and I admire your honesty.

As for the numbers, this is the result I got when I researched them:

Angel Number 1469 is a message to stop procrastinating and get on with things. It is time for you to detach yourself from your old and outdated material possessions and*items and ‘let go’ and ‘release the old’. *It is a message that assures you that whatever leaves your life at this time will be replaced with ‘new’ and ‘better’.*Be open to*receiving all that you deserve as you are ready for an upgrade in your life.

Since I am still a bit too sceptical to accept it's meaning, perhaps this message may be of any significant importance to you.

And no, it does not make me feel any better to hear that your mother is also dead because I don't wish that even to my worst enemy. Everyone loses their parents at some point, but both of us shouldn't go through this while we're still this young.