View Single Post
Old 16-03-2019, 02:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by handy guy
what dharma is stupid and a farce when it comes to dealing with duality?

...granted some have paid their worldly dues and then become renunciate's.
I shall tell you...

Most, if not all, of what we perceive and believe is based upon our conditioned indoctrination of what our finite mind and intellect will only ACCEPT as being true and NOTHING else or otherwise - Dharma included.

There are two paths to Brahman, that of mutual exclusion, ie Duality does NOT exist (which most follow) and that of mutual inclusion, ie Unity in Diversity (which only a selected few do).

For example.. And a GOOD example..

There are some people who are generally disliked (even hated) by others.

They may have insulted somebody many years back... They may be slightly confrontational, they may have an eccentric lifestyle... Or a strong personality... And so, others will hate them (and hate ON them) ... But those who hate, will never admit they do as this will show a major character flaw and failing on THEIR part, so they substitute all that denial for AD HOMINEM rhetoric and attacks, then plot and plan to bring the other person down, so that they can "pay" for making the person feel that way.

This usually raises its head in such statements like (and stop me if you have heard these...)

"You had premarital sex last night... Premarital sex is against Dharma... ALL Hindus follow Dharma, so how can you even call yourself a Hindu? You are nothing but a fake... A fraud! "

" You worship an Idol... That is DUALITY... Only those who follow Advaita or non Duality are the REAL/TRUE Hindus... So how can you even call yourself one?"

Or my personal favourite..

" Hinduism is all about tolerance and inclusion, no matter your gender, skin colour, creed or where you come from... But you must be born in India of Hindu parents to BE a Hindu! It is impossible for a white woman born in Australia to be a Hindu or understand Hinduism... "

And this is where Dharma falls flat on its face.