View Single Post
Old 02-05-2015, 07:29 PM
Ascender

Thanks guys, your replies really touched me.

I have to admit my mum's eyes were REALLY wide open as she was taking her last breaths and she seemed to be looking through me & my sister, looking beyond us, it broke my heart as she shed a tear or two during this. I wonder if these tears were joy or sadness, I guess I will never know. Id like to think she was seeing my dad waiting for her but can't help feeling that could just be wishful thoughts.

My sister had been there for about 20 mins before I got to the hospital and she said my mum did not blink even once despite the wide open eyes.

My uncle arrived with me, and he took my mum's hand and in his own words (I am not a christian btw) he asked the Lord to take my mum and pass her over. My sister had her other arm and felt her pulse which although irregular was beating strongly and at the second, and I mean exact second , that my uncle said the prayer my sister felt the pulse go and my uncle and sister looked at one another and we knew she had gone. The nurses even remarked that it was a remarkable death.

I had even brought in her beloved cat in a basket to see her, the hospital allowed it as the end was near and she was in a side room. The cat normally plays up when in a box but he was peaceful throughout. My sister believes that even though my mum couldn't see the cat as mum was already on the final journey when I arrived with him and her sight was poor anyway, mum was still aware of the cat's presence in the room. My sister even believes that Mum may have been looking down on us all in the room for above.

I don't know what to believe, all I feel is broken hearted in a way that I cannot ever imagine will ever mend