View Single Post
Old 15-09-2018, 02:21 PM
Ankhesenamun

I'm the same, I prefer to eat little but often. It's much healthier and I certainly feel better than I did as a child when I was forced to eat huge meals (I suffered abuse as a child and this was part of the abuse). I cannot understand people who think nothing of wolfing down enormous amounts of food and then wonder why they get fat.

Vegetables and fruits are a good idea, though it's best not to overdo it with fruits as they contain high amounts of sugar, also many fruits contain latex which a lot of people are allergic to.

I find that, instead of just eating vegetables and fruits, there are a lot of things like soya based drinks and deserts, vegan cheese and vegan sausages and the likes, all this helps to keep a vegan diet interesting. Fruit juice is also a good idea, and carrot juice for Vitamin A. Supplements can be a problem as they often upset the stomach, they certainly have that affect on me.

Lentils are indeed very nourishing and contain a lot of protein which vegans can be lacking in.