View Single Post
Old 08-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Bow
Re-read my post please!

I see you are very ignorant, about Native American People, and their life and ways!

Most tribes lived in villages and settlements, not in "wigwams". Only the Plains Indians lived that way. They hunted only what they needed and no more. Now go back and study up on the Native Americans, and get back to me latter.

Modern Man are still hunting and gathering today, but in a mutant variant way, based on making money and producing a "product". Because of this, we increased food production to support the numbers of people you speak of. We lost all connection to our "product".

I am saying a Hunting Gathering Based Spirituality based in the old way is best. Because of our big numbers we cant hunt and gather directly anymore, but depend upon mass produced products instead. That is why, as I said before, we have No spiritual connection to plants and animals. We need that connection if the animals are to survive.

We may never get the deep connection that our ancestors had, but it is a start. I am not saying we can go back to that simpler life style right away. It is not possible with our great numbers. But we can beware of the damage modern production as done, and make our spirituality more Earth centered.

YOU were the one who suggested the hunter-gathering lifestyle as answer to the world's ills.

As for those Native Americans who lived in fixed settlements, it was growing crops - the Three Sisters and other crops - that formed the backbone of their diet.

Even modern intensive/factory farming is not sustainable at the present rate, never mind with an extra 40% of population to feed by the middle of the century.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com