View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
Maybe it depends upon our concept of God.
All the major religions of the world have essentially "The Golden Rule" (do unto others as you would have them do unto you). This rule is unconditional love. Problem is, instead of practicing that rule, people try to define God, determine what it is that this God wants of us when the answer is simple. The Golden Rule. Anything that violates that rule is not of "God", and there are no exceptions. If the majority truly practiced that rule I'm sure we'd come to "know" God.

Well I agree , if everyone had and expressed unconditional love , I am sure we would come to know God, because I think that is how God is. I think we are on a pre set pattern that God designed, and he actually placed us all in ignorance, so its not our fault. Notice closely in Ecclesiastes 7:13, " Consider the work of God; for who can straighten what he has bent?" This means that God will " Bend" Humans , put them into situations in life that they can't get out of! And nobody can help them get out of it!

This is incredible! Look at Lamentations 3:31-32, " For the Lord will not cast off forever , but though he " Cause Grief", he will have compassion. Many people do not know and would never believe that God would cause suffering; yet he does, and this is a hard thing to learn about God. But its all in the bible, as in Job 42:12, " Jobs friends comforted him over all the " Evil that THE Lord had brought on him!"

God is actually using evil and suffering on us all. Exposing us to it on his purpose!