View Single Post
Old 21-09-2016, 03:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

Hi Joe Mc,

We have limited free will as part and parcel of Nature/One Life, a dynamic interdependent multiplicity of differentiations of the One Being which is not limited.

Those limitations are based on an Ignorance which is a condition supported by the Cosmic Will (Nature), which serves the Transcendental Will for the purpose of evolution of consciousness and eventual individual realization of that Transcendental Will which originally created those Cosmic/Universal conditions.

So we are conditionally limited, ignorant individuals - yet essentially unlimited, all-knowing and One.

The involution of consciousness is what 'wills' the latter (as One) into the former (the Many); and the evolution of consciousness (including the conscious deliberate participation of individuals supported by the One) is what 'wills' the former (many) into the latter (One) - fully realized.

~ J

Hi Thanks for your reply Jyotir. I was thinking that perhaps free-will exists at certain levels of existence. At a relative level of existence we experience what appears to be free will but at other levels such as the absolute level notions such as free will don't exist. I also get the feeling that we move between different levels and sometimes there appears to be free will and other times it could not possibly exist ? Which begs the question what is free will ? This question of free will has also brought up confusing notions for me concerning ..what has been called evil, acts of cruelty and destruction etc...Some people believe that everything is predetermined which supposes that we have no moral choices to make, these choices are already made ?

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge