View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 03:55 PM
Master
That's a really cool interpretation, thank you! Now you say it, I do find those situations challenging, uncomfortable, and at times I feel it threatens me so I shut off to protect myself. When I experience strong emotions from myself or others I do feel overwhelmed, so I am glad to see this and be aware of this in the future. I asked my mum at the weekend what happened with my dad when they split up and what was the story, I was shocked to hear he left when I was a baby, left her for days with nothing and my great nan had to come and help her, then he started a new relationship with a woman from his work, my mum moved from Yorkshire to London in a rubbish B'n'B from a nice home and a year later he followed her back down south and for years after pestered her to get back with him. He told me she stopped him seeing me and he used to look through the letterbox to see me. I've always felt sorry for him and that my mum was always angry at me when I asked or spoke about him. But now I totally understand why she wanted nothing to do with him and that she was actually broken-hearted. I couldn't remember any of my early years and have been wanting to know what happened for ages, now I see why I have blocked this out from memory. She told me her life until she met my step dad who shes just broke up with after 20 years, she said that was her first true love, and we both cried. But from my step dad is when I have childhood memories, so I know everything beforehand I have 99% blocked out! It all bought up a lot of emotion in me and I was crying before I even realised I was, but I squashed it down and composed myself. So I can see how there are big emotions there and probably more, but that I am not fully ready for them yet! Thank you Michelle this really helps!