View Single Post
Old 11-03-2018, 02:46 PM
Master

I live in a small conservative town too so I do know what you are talking about Colorado. This is a Republican county and we have many, many churches.

My friends know I am not Christian. They know I have said I am spiritual though. One friend is a very stanch Christian, goes to church and a men's bible study, etc. He tells me the Bible is ThE WoRd of GoD and I don't engage him on the subject. Like I said, he has his beliefs, I have mine. I can be the bigger person because I know an argument would only end our relationship and he's a nice guy! But he feels better if he knows he is doing his duty by 'witnessing' to me. Then he can go to his church and men's bible study and said he 'is working on me.' And they can then pat him on the back and say, 'keep it up brother. We're praying for you that you can get through to her.'

I used to be a Christian so I know how these things work.

Colorado, I might suggest you revamp your Your Space page. Ask one of the mods to change the name and start fresh (I love the title of this thread!!). Clover is super good at helping out. Use it as your journal and keep plugging at it. People like me and, I don't know, maybe MARDAV too, visit Your Space pages of people we are attracted to and yes, I am drawn to you. I feel like we are kindred spirits.

Oh, and with that picture you took? I would have been all over it. OH MY GAWD!

If you read the book The Instruction (in your own time, not pressuring you) you will understand why your hubby and sister didn't question or get excited about the ghost. They just aren't at that juncture in their spiritual life. They are all about living the human experience right now and that's okay. That's better than okay. That is awesome. They are living the dream.

But that still leaves you alone with no one to talk with, I understand that.

See you in a few days when you come back.