View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 01:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiss
These days I am thinking a lot that peace and justice cannot be achieved at the same time. To get peace, you are likely leaving justice aside, and vice-versa...

As an example... I lent money to a very beloved friend with the promise on his part that he would give it back to me in installments. In the meantime he became strongly offended with me because of a silly misunderstanding, and cut off our relationship at all. He also stopped paying me the debt.

What would a highly developed being do, claim the payment to honor justice or let it go to avoid a new conflict and therefore to honor peace?

What do you think it should be done?

Tiss

Peace for who? Justice for who?

Avoiding conflict isn't peaceful for you because you will walk around with the painful memory.

In all fairness you can probbaly claim the payment and they will find a way to get around paying it. At that point you can decide if you want to physically confront them, get some revenge, or let it go.

For the non-confrontational its easy to say "let it go", but to actually let it go is much harder.

I think you should honor yourself. What would make you feel like justice has been done? go do that. What would make you feel peaceful? Go do that.

Inner peace to me, after someone has just robbed me, is to confront them and make sure it doesn't happen again. If I don't do anything about it, I don't feel inner peace at all. I feel like I have betrayed myself. I feel like I betray what I feel for what I think. And thinking is not a good card to bet on. Feelings are not a lot better but IMO better than thinking.