View Single Post
Old 29-09-2012, 05:18 PM
Master

Hm, I'm struggling with this. It gives us humans a subjective line in what is a terrible wrong that warrants this place. Is stealing in that bracket - would stealing because your family were hungry be acceptable?

(am I overthinking?!)

That said, I do believe that after passing there is a "healing" which involves a refining - which could be this place you saw. I wouldn't restrict it to "really bad people" but I think we will all find ourselves winding up there for a period of time until we have come through to knowing and accepting we will have to pay for our "crimes" with the ensuing karmic process.

I have to say as a disclaimer, I have a heavy Christian upbringing and so there is no qualifier between one sin and another in my mindset - rightly or wrongly. That said, I'm appalled at myself at the knowledge that I killed someone in a blatant abuse of power in a past life. I know I've paid for the crime and karma and that's dealt with, it's passed. I'm not pleased with myself for such a thing and whilst I don't dwell on it, it's sobering and humbling to think that I was / my soul was capable of deliberately doing such a thing.