View Single Post
Old 09-03-2018, 08:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
This whole thing (spirituality) is essentially watching a football game & getting invested in the tactics & players ... but not allowing or wishing for a result ..
The mode of observation is there, but in that observation, there is also total detachment.

I do understand what you are getting at though and a lot of people are still attached to their own 'view of things'...and I try not to be, but sometimes it still gets in the way...like when I become "insane in the membrane" (as you say).

There appears to be a misunderstanding with the actual terms of 'spirituality' and 'enlightenment'...however and that being said, it doesn't seem to be a 'one size fits all' thing either.

...and of course, the football game does not exist, the tactics and players do not exist and ergo, there is no 'result'.

The ultimate experience is to rest within the internal awareness of Self, either respective to or irrespective of anything occurring 'externally' if one even makes that delineation between what is 'within' and what is 'without' or the 'observer' vs the 'observed' and then the 'result' happens before the game is even played.