View Single Post
Old 15-09-2017, 08:34 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
[color=Black]HI Tony,
This is what I would say... Answer this for yourself...'Why would I want to stay with this pain and fear? '
Is it because of a hope that it will become beautiful?
That you will eventually gain insight? Peace? Love? Feel the Presence of God?
Do you have an ingrained 'work ethic' of 'No pain, no gain'?
People have many reasons to meditate.

Why would you want to experience what you do now?
Meditation is not to be used if a person has deep rooted fears and beliefs
about a punishing, scary God with all sorts of devils and demons out to get us, or...deep seated guilt, fear, anxiety, possibly
sublimated childhood memories of big traumas in their psyche...
because it can get worse!

I would ask you, if in counseling, what your basic belief system is.
Don't answer here , ya know.

Do you consciously see the world, universe, God, even the 'dark' as things to fear...that you have no control over...as external 'things' that can harm you?

Then, I would suggest to you to read about the boundless love that God,
Jesus, Krishna, Brahma, angels, whatever your point of reference...have for you.
Danger is created in your mind...to begin with.

A person can't really expect peace to come out of anxiety...which is what you are describing...shivers, cold, etc.

May I say, stop listening to that particular beat track.
For me this is serious...sure ask for protection and all...but there is more going on here!!!
Take care.

I have been trying to overcome a deep trauma for many years now. I have been through all kinds of healing therapies. Whatever it is, it's held me back from living life. I understand it is probably transgenerational.

I only recently discovered this meditation and this has taken me the closet I have gotten to this deep pain and I have experienced some relief of my symptoms since doing this meditation. I don't want to stay with the pain and fear but rather move through it. I have a knowing that whatever is on the other side is what I have been looking for. Maybe it's some sort of soul retrieval, I am not fully sure at this point. But I do understand journeying to this place is probably not a good idea especially on my own. I may try and seek out some help from a professional in this area. Thanks for your concern and response.