Thread: Bhakti Yoga
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2019, 07:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf
Not every yoga is about stretches.
Yes, but this is a bit unfair. Most serious people don't consider yoga to be about stretches. Yoga is a path, and the asanas (physical poses) are only one part of it, and not practised by all.
The path itself is very difficult to follow to the letter, to do it perfectly would require a full time ascetic lifestyle so a lot of people are selective.

But do you know what it feels like to do asanas for an hour or so, and then jump into meditation? You will start to see how spiritually beneficial all that 'stretching' can be..
You'd be surprised!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoGeminiWolf
Do others here practice Bhakti Yoga? And what are your experiences, guidance?
I do asanas and meditation, and I also pray and may dedicate the time to deities. I have mixed and different results with different ones. It's really important to choose carefully, look into what a god or goddess represents, and why you would want to bask in their energy or ask for their guidance. I always focus on goddesses because I find what they represent often more appealing and beneficial to my spirituality. But I don't call it 'bhakti yoga' although it bears similarities. I don't really call my path anything in particular, I go with the flow.