View Single Post
Old 29-11-2018, 12:40 PM
Master
The perception of others, statistically speaking, cannot be based upon a small, biased sampling anyway!

I have often thought about what you are saying, and for me to get a reasonable outcome, I would have to survey millions of people from wide and diverse social, cultural and political backgrounds.

I don't have the time for all of those people to "get to know me" and I also realise that all I am doing by getting other's opinions of me, is soliciting negative, judgmental feedback, because it is human nature to see one's faults and not one's redeemable characteristics, because humans like to believe they are better than any other given human out there and will judge accordingly, so as to give themselves the "shiny hiney" treatment.

If one feels self assured and staid within their own personae, absolutely nothing another can say will ever phase them or ruffle their feathers...they remain totally equanamous to shame or fame...to abuse or praise...and then they become closer to the "self-realised Yogi" that Lord Krishna speaks of in the Bhagavad-Gita.

After all, it is called "self realisation" and not "everybody else realisation" is it not?

Having said that, I am an INTJ and I doubt there would be anybody who would disagree there. ;)