View Single Post
Old 02-04-2018, 07:53 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It is possible to love someone on the level of consciousness while disliking them on the level of personality. And I agree that it may be due to projection - the other person may reflect some aspect of ourselves we have not yet accepted.

This dislike may be due to old karmic connections - even if there is no obvious reason to dislike someone perhaps there is a karmic link that needs to be resolved.

Or there may be some other subtle energy factors which do not resonate regarding yourself and this other person, eg astrological.

Perhaps this person has appeared in your life to teach you something about yourself. If this person is actually causing any difficulties for you then I am a great believer in ho'oponopono, which simply means accepting that we are responsible for all that appears in our life. And if someone is causing us problems we mentally apologise for whatever we might have done to create the situation. It is very simple, but the results can be startling.

But all apparent differences are superficial - when we get beyond them we learn to appreciate qualities in other people who we might originally have considered as difficult.

And from a deeper non-dualistic perspective, it is all Lila, the Divine play of illusion. People are what they are and it doesn't matter how they are. We are all just actors, temporarily playing our parts on a stage, and when the play is over we will pack up and go home.

Peace.

Thank you I am that! I am glad I asked as the mind uses it as something to grasp to. Better to put a bit of light on it. Interesting you mention subtle energy. Thus is a housemate. When he moved in he took room next door to me. I didn't sleep for 18 nights. I was ragged! ! Took me 14 nights to figure out it started his first night in there. He wasn't noisy at all. My landlady got him to move room and hey presto I slept. They all expected me to not sleep when the next person moved in. I chose the next person. I told them it was an energetic clash but they thought I was nuts and insisted I'd have to soundproof my room!! Not so. I sleep fine even though my new neighbor is a loud snorer! Because the one I dislike is in the house a lot, I end up trying to be out as much as possible. I instantly relax when he is not there. Sometimes I don't know he is not there and notice I've been at peace for hours and then he comes back and I think "aha". Feels so tense all the time when he's here. Maybe it's like magnets repulsing each other.
It could be karmic ties. Who knows?
Anyway thank you for indulging this with your wise words.
It helps my non existent mind to settle! !
Thank you.