View Single Post
Old 12-12-2016, 03:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiewhitnell
My mom is a strong believer in Buddhism, but we find it so hard together.

We are peaceful people, but myself have very bad anger issues, when I see on my local news when people abuse animals or anything else that makes my blood boil, I know about how we shouldn't judge because we are all effected by how we was raised, but I do deep down really want to hurt these people... I don't think that's ever going to change.

How do people change that? I find it so hard, and I'm close to giving up.

Anger can be a driving force of passion to support change in some way or a force that wishes to create more destruction that you are judging as reaction in similar ways.

Can you see the correlation of you and another, the difference is they are hurting an animal, your wishing too, but would you deep down carry through with the reaction. We feel what we feel, but it is important to take control of our more difficult reactions, because acting out and hurting others wont save animals, just make more people angry that you hurt in retaliation. Some will side with you who feel the same way, but ultimately you pay the price of your feelings and not managing them.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder