View Single Post
Old 23-10-2010, 10:04 PM
mike bike

Heaven.

Heaven and Hell are states of mind...we can live in Heaven or Hell according to our thoughts.

Heaven is not a place we "go to" after death...it's here in this present life if we only realise it.

"Heaven " is (I think) a corruption of a very ancient Hebrew word meaning "Harmony"... "Hell" means "To be shut off from".

Thus it could place a new meaning to the Lord's Prayer.."Our Father Who art in Harmony"...we could all be in harmony with the beauty of life if we so wish.

"He who believes in me will find eternal life"....notice...NOT "be given",but will find...it's there for everyone....we all live on for eternity.

I believe in reincarnation...life after life until we no longer have to be reborn to learn further lessons...and then?....I don't know....there are three references to reincarnation in the Bible.

When Jesus said he was "The Son of God",he didn't mean "The only son"....any of us could truthfully say we are a child of God...this myth about him being the only son of God and of us being sent to hellfire was started by the churches to enslave people.

And it worked for centuries,but now,freedom from this silly teaching is coming.

Think about it....and read "The Sermon on the Mount"in the New Testament...that is maybe the most beautiful teaching ever.

I am also a Pagan...but the teachings of Jesus are beautiful....and I do not believe in any sort of "Spirit World"...I've seen too many fake mediums.

Blessings.......... Mike

Last edited by mike bike : 23-10-2010 at 10:17 PM.