View Single Post
Old 15-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalspark
The other day I read that everyone should go for massages because it's good for your self-esteem and self-worth. To be touched so closely by someone else and not in dark lighting, or not hiding any of you, is good for the soul. I like that idea because it's so true. I don't think I've ever felt so exposed, but now I feel much more comfortable and at peace when fetting a massage.

I started going for massages about two years ago. I injured my back a few years ago and after going through so many hours of physio and having pain go away, come back, go away, come back, I finally went for massage. And I was so glad I did. I go for only the deepest tissue massages. It helps my body to feel whole again. If I could afford it, I'd go every week! I find places that offer cheaper massages are not as deep and therapeutic as paying a good amount for them.

Yep, although where I go, they keep the lighting low, but it can be adjusted to how you want - plus they light candles if you want, and have soothing music piped in throughout the offices (it's a chiropractor's place).

Btw, thanks DAR for the info.