View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 04:45 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn
Hello

A lot of the times its a quick in and out event of Oh you can see me cool and gone.

Lynn

It took me hours to remember the reason for making that query. Then I remembered the "policeman".

Many years ago, when I lived in Scotland, I was working evenings with my Dad. He would pick me up in the van from where I lived. Each time he would have to climb several flights of stairs to knock my door. So one evening I decides to go downstairs to wait for him.

I lived opposite a primary school and it was that time of day that the kids were coming out to go home. There was a Lollipop Lady close by so I gave it little thought to my hanging around leaning idly against the wall.
Then I recall that the policeman appeared from out of nowhere. He smiled at me then proceeded to ask me questions. I told him this was where I lived and that I was waiting to be picked up for work. Then smiling again, he asked - you don't remember me, do you? And then told me who he was.

Many years previous to this, when I was at secondary school, there had been a time when I would get home in the evenings and there was this young policeman sitting drinking tea with my Mother. Not unusual really; community police work back in the day!
So that's who he was.

It wasn't until a long while later, a long while, that this meeting began to haunt me. Then I realized that my memory was seeing the policeman without having aged. He was just the same as he was then.

My innate skepticism will always try to explain away any inconsistencies in such occurrences.
Deep down I know them for what what they are, and how one event has links with the other
at a very personal level.
I'm sure there's more to it than meets the eye. Unfortunately my belief in such matters
just isn't strong enough to see them the same way as you do.

Rod