View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kine Lea
Are there any such techniques used other than ordinary radio reception?

... just a few thoughts on the subject.
Thank you for your insightful thoughts and questions.

There are other programs and techniques used other than ordinary radio reception and some 'work' better than others - at least in MY experience, but others have different experiences:

Echovox - uses echo and reverb to create a constant 'echo chamber' where sounds can morph into other sounds that sound like different words - this doesn't work for me because I CAN see the whole 'pareidolia effect' with it.

Ovilus - uses an inbuilt 'dictionary' of words and phrases the spirits can choose to communicate. Most of the time, it just spits out random words and junk like I'll say "who am I talking to?" and I'll get "chair" or "flower" while other times I'll have the Ovilus turned on and I'll be randomly complaining about the incompetence of my GP in diagnosing my condition and the words "second" and "opinion" will come up...so yeah, I cannot discount it entirely, let's say 'limited success".

Digital Recorder - The best way to get EVP without any interference or putting it down to any other terrestrial noise source such as a radio. Most paranormal researchers just prefer to use this and nothing else because it's the most trusted form and it's much clearer than any other method. I have used it with great success.