View Single Post
Old 06-11-2017, 10:57 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_manx
I totally relate to this. Even in my darkest years I always knew to look for the signs, and as I looked for them I saw very, very many. So when there were long stretches of time when it felt like every raw essence of energy and extrinsic spirited indication had abandoned me, it was a strange and deeply affecting feeling. But now that I'm a much healthier bodied and minded person, I am able to take the down times with much more humility without my ego clouding my judgment and telling me I was being 'lazy' and 'not doing enough. I found that periods like these are meant for profound personal nourishment and reflection.

The last part of what you had said is very interesting and makes me think. I guess I should embrace this idea of "personal nourishment and reflection". I guess the ego makes you think that nothing is changing when it is. Everything is in constant motion, but most of the time I fail to see this due to the ego.
Thank you for sharing your experience and insight into this situation. It has really helped me to think about things.