View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 06:22 AM
Pathfinder

I do reiki and I still enjoy going out with friends or letting loose from time to time with a drink. I won't do it if I know I'll be doing reiki on someone, but I still find enjoyment in human experiences like that. But I don't get to the point that I can't control myself. Life is meant to be lived. You will know when you need a break from the wine though. You may "feel that you just need a detox or silent period for yourself. As far as smoking, I know that that can be hard to do. I know long-time smokers who quit. It was hard and they definitely had detox symptoms or withdraws, but after they got over the big hill, the other hills were a lot easier to climb. Try doing reiki on yourself everyday...even over your heart where your lungs are! It could help :).

Even though reiki teachers (or most at least) have plenty of experience, you know yourself more than anyone. Be kind to yourself and it's ok to take a step back as long as you take more steps forward :). Just being open and doing reiki alone is such a great step forward! Not many people are that open or even want to help people like you do! And make sure that with everyone you help that you replenish yourself and do self-love for you.

Also, maybe treating yourself to "self-love" days like getting massages, energy healing, manicures, or even seeing a movie will help you kick smoking to the curb.