View Single Post
Old 17-07-2013, 02:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetah
After being an atheist for a long time, something curious happened and that was connecting with my twin soul who's in spirit.

I struggled and still struggle to believe it, being a "logical" person.
But it seemed to come natural to me that when we die, our soul travels to an afterlife and we have a choice to be reborn. Like we come from an energy source.
When I think about this, I get a fluttery feeling, when I think about there being nothing afterwards, I almost feel like (I'm trying to develop a telepathic or pyschic line of communication with my twin soul) he's saying "wrong"

But there are so many people who just say there is no afterlife, you cease to exist, there is no creator, NDEs are hallucinations, spirits aren't real, all mediums are liars.

And for them to call me an idiot or gullible for believing it or even psychotic for believing I could have contact with a dead man or better yet, be somehow connected to him on a spiritual level. And I'm a logical, educated, person! A post-atheist even. I have no explanation for what's happened to me.

But it's actually really distressing to me...to be thought of that way. And to try to think like that...I mean what if there is nothing? And I am just delusional?

Fetah – Welcome to the forum. Trust in your own life experiences and intuition about things such as an afterlife. There will always be those from the camp that say there is no afterlife. Those that say they don’t know. And those that say they have personal experience to validate there is in fact an afterlife. Personally I have had several connections with the spirit world, mostly in the very old house I use to live in and the paranormal events that took place there. I gauge whom I can speak to about those events because some people would label me mad, but I know what happened while living in that house for 16 years and for me, I gained proof that there is something beyond this physical life we live in now. Again, I would embrace your own experiences and not put a lot of emphasis on validation.

Blackraven