View Single Post
Old 14-06-2017, 12:02 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I am guessing that is from experimentation of various fruits over the years as a diabetic that you noticed the difference in raising blood-sugar levels? I think it comes down to a certain type of sugar that is more abundant in some fruits. It might be fructose? I've never noticed the difference, but then, I am not diabetic, so I can not say for sure.

I did recently read an article about a study with mice, and how intermittent fasting has been shown to help the pancreas regenerate itself to help with insulin production again.

Actually, it was a matter of weeks and months during which I saw what fruits were a no-no for me at the time I first learned I was diabetic. I'd eat the fruit and test myself about 4 X a day. It takes continuous, consistent testing to come out with clearer results. I was pretty het up (angry XD) to discover I 'got' diabetes, so I was unbelievably on top of it to steer away from the kind of life my grandmother lived - because she had an impossible time trying to 'eat right' but she had to take the insulin shots every day and she lost both legs above the knee a couple years before she passed at 69.

anyway, this thread isn't about me, so I'll beg off for now. Best of luck, Rokazulu.