View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 05:53 PM
Seeker
I don't think it matters how you acquire your cards--whether they are given to you or you buy them for yourself. There are some decks that I own that really draw me in because of their art work, but I don't use them much because I don't feel like there is a connection to them as there is with others deck I own.

I own the traditional RW deck that everyone probably thinks of when they think of tarot. I got it because I figured that would be the easiest to learn from, even though I don't have a connection to it, unlike some of my other decks.

I've also bought a deck before at a used bookstore which I read with because I have a better connection with it than others I own.

Use what is comfortable to you! I don't think there is a "way" you have to do things. People have different preferences when it comes to their cards.

I think when you have a connection with a deck you will probably have better readings since you are drawn to the cards and it might be easier to interpret them. But then again, that's what I think! It may be entirely different for you. :)