View Single Post
Old 22-05-2015, 09:30 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Could someone share their insight and experience on this topic?

How do you find out about your purpose in this lifetime? How can you be sure that that is what you are here for in this lifetime? Is it an unmistakably clear feeling or thought that you are meant to be here to do such and such? If you are not doing what you're here to do, does it feel ... like a very rough ride or how does it feel?

W.

There's a very simple way to find out. Sit yourself down and imagine you'd never existed in the first place, how different would the Lives of the people around you be? Your True Self won't let you go too far wrong, if you're heading off in the wrong direction it'll take you by the scruff of the neck and set you back on course again. That rough ride might well be your purpose. If you were meant to be somewhere else doing something else, you would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by essvass
I looked at them half-heartedly and personally did not get anywhere and at this point in my life I am not in the position to seek help through psychics, hypnosis and alike. I only know that it is hard to live without a gift or a calling and I don't know where to find those. I guess we ARE living our purpose in this lifetime and if it does not feel good our life purpose is to make our life meaningful. How -- is another question.

You looked at them half-heartedly, there's your indicator. Half-hearted means it wasn't for you. We are not all meant to be gurus and gifted people, if that had been your choice to be as Spirit then you'd be one, or you might become one in the future. The problems begin when we get this fairy story ideal of what a Spiritual Life should be like, and when it isn't somehow something's wrong and it gets silly from there. Make your Life meaningful to you and the people around you, do what feels right for you and throw 'supposed to' out of the window.