View Single Post
Old 25-12-2016, 02:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
As soon as language is applied there is necessarily duality. Every name assigned necessarily implies its opposite because what called X is necessarily different from non-X. Here I cannot agree because non-X obviously depends on X.

X and non-x are mathematical concepts, non-duality is not a concept. Concepts are mental constructs with borders, a mental framework. Non-duality is an experience which has no opposite, no framework, no borders, etc. Non-duality is not objective; in fact it is all encompassing. I am expressing here as best I can what I have experienced of non-duality, so this is my truth as best I can explain it. The finite may be dependent on the infinite but the infinite can exist without the finite. Opposites can only exist in duality; they do not exist in non-duality. Non-duality is not the opposite of duality rather duality is contained within non-duality and not along side, or opposite of it; in my humble opinion. But regardless of our differing points of view I do thank you for the discussion.