View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 11:56 AM
GoldChord

Tiltjlp,

You've been such a big help and I'm sure your input on this site will continue to be insightful and timely. Lapis has indicated my feelings on this topic effectively. I've always been a bit confused about the IMO stance. If what I write isn't my opinion, who's is it? Anyway, John you are a star, a legend, and your input is very welcome. It is important that you have enforced these rules. We do need a framework to ensure good behaviour - but if of all sites we cannot be open, generous and tolerant, even when there are those who lack reflexivity in their own behaviour, then I think there is something fundamentally ill at ease with SF. I agree with you that we do need to have a framework to ensure posts do not get out of hand - we have a good thing and should always be working to keep it a good thing, certainly, if someone is being highly offensive, we do need to have a process for handling that behaviour - but sometimes we have to weigh whether more problems are created through intervention than if we just let it play out and run out of steam on its own.

Well done for all the work you have put into us and yourself. I look forward to many more wonderful and articulate posts from you.

Take care