View Single Post
Old 23-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

good eating habit

As for the anxiety, I've found that alleviating the symptoms of ADHD can help with that quite a lot. I've noticed that much of my own anxiety is due to worrying about what I've left undone, worrying about the folks I've let down due to my procrastination, and not being able to find work that matches my education level.

I'm rambling so I'll boil it down:

1. Eat clean and green and lower carb, with sugar down as low as you can get it and still wish to live. Shoot for 35 gms of fiber per day and eat as many veggies as you can stuff in.
2. Get all your vitamins by taking a daily multi plus added B, D, Ca/Mg/Zinc, fish oil and probiotics plus some antioxidants. I switch these around and will take coQ10 for a few weeks and ALA for a few more. Too expensive to take them all, all the time.
3. When you get strong, try the elimination diet for 6 weeks and see how you do. I'm still getting psyched up for this and I'll check in later and let you all know how it went. If you have depression, autism, or alzheimer's it would also be worth a try.
4. While doing the elimination diet, heal the gut by taking glutamine first thing in the am and really high quality probiotics during the day whenever you get hungry. I like the Garden of Life ones with HSO's.
5. Coffee and green tea are fine and beneficial for those with ADHD but don't overdo them or the anxiety level will shoot up.
6. Try the tyrosine--it works almost as well as adderall for me, or in my case as a booster since I still take adderall.
7. Use turmeric to keep down inflammation--you can get it in pill form or you can learn to cook healthy foods with it.

Anyway, I've not completed my own program yet so can't say yet whether I'll be able to get off meds, but I know that I'm thinking more clearly already, even w/o the elimination phase completed. Everything else I've done and all seem to help. The clearest I ever got w/o meds was during the Atkins diet and I wonder if that's b/c I wasn't getting gluten. We'll see. This is all a distillation of all of the reading I've done for the past few weeks though so take it for what it's worth. The fact is that we just can't eat like everyone else does, but maybe that's a good thing.