Thread: Medicine Bags
View Single Post
Old 20-01-2018, 07:13 AM
Master
I have recently been working on a new Medicine Bag, as I had a bag given to me, and I felt it would be great for this purpose and felt this to be a great time for a personal Medicine bag, as though I have previously owned a few with specific contents, somehow across many moves and moons I had lost them.

This is what mine currently looks like:

I will not reveal the contents inside as they are highly personal. But will give a bit of explanation as to the outer dress of the bag- to say the way I have it decorated.

It was stained by the previous owner. I used slightly soapy water- hand soap and water to attempt stain removal, water did not mix well with the material and left a bit of a darkening mark of its own upon the bag. No worries, as I have used a stain covering approach I have used previously with a pocket book. I took a faux arrangement of flowers, material fake flowers, and pulled off a singular gold colored flower from the arrangement, I then pinned it over the stained area with a safety pin. This has symbolism for me only in the color used, I like the gold mixed with brown. It is more practical stain covering embellishment.

Next I attached a Turkey feather that was given to me by someone to the strap of the bag, with a goldish colored floral wire. Turkey Feather for me is Symbolism of Gratitude, and the Gratitude for Medicine received or given.

I will by my faith use another feather along with the Turkey Feather later on.

This feather will either have to come to me as a gift, or if in desperation found. The preferred method is to be given one. It also can not be in the form of another Turkey Feather, but must be of another species of bird. The very next to be given me, or the very next if absolutely no near future chance of one given, to be found.

In my faith it must be the very next non Turkey Species, Feather come across, by either gift, or found naturally. It must be of a real bird, no Faux feathers, only Faux stain covering flower.

By faith it is imperative the very next given or found is to be accepted, If It Is Non Turkey Species. The very next even if I am not fond of the particular bird.

That is my Medicine Bag. I describe how I decorate it, as I follow rules I have set in place by my own Faith. I only aim to describe the way I do things by my Belief System.

I am not permitted to explain the contents inside.