Thread: Medicine Bags
View Single Post
Old 25-07-2017, 04:54 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Ambassador
Regarding medicine bags, I know that their contents are very personal and symbolic to the owner of the bag. It's commonplace to not share the contents with others, neither through taking them out and showing them nor saying what's inside. Since I've begun to carry my medicine bag with me, and specifically wearing it over the shirt (it's a small necklace one, a couple inches or so but decorated), I've had a decent number of people - both familiar and stranger - asking me what's inside. My typical response is to say "some crystals", to help preserve the privacy of the contents, but I notice it both doesn't seem to often be enough and that I don't feel good about doing it. One or twice I've simply said that the contents were spiritual things from nature. It got me thinking about what others might say, so I wanted to ask: Of those of you who have a medicine bag, what do you tell people when they ask what's inside of it?
I've yet to make mine... I'll be working on it at a retreat with some beautiful wise women this weekend, as I'll be carving away at a flute block, too, and hopefully giving a kit flute its voice... so, the Medicine Bag will be made... I already have very special items, collected from some beautiful personal power places... this thread is inspiring me very much. Thank you all �� ❤️ ��