View Single Post
Old 21-10-2019, 09:25 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
I am just like Buddha, but not because I try hard to be like him.... My ultimate goal, so to say, is to reach full enlightenment and then share it with as many people as I can, to free as many people as I can from suffering.

The thing is you can't approach people for the purpose of proselytizing, even very gently. Doesn't work for the most part. Anyone with a firmly established religious or spiritual belief system other than what you offer will be extremely resistant and even resentful. That's just the nature of belief. On the other side of the coin people without such beliefs will dismiss you also as they've already decided they don't need religion or spirituality.

People will have to willing come to you. Like any good product you'll need marketing and brand recognition. How? Perform some miracles. Turn water to wine. Feed a huge crowd with half a dozen fish and loaves of bread. Cure disease. Raise the dead. Or write a book on your spiritual journey to awakening and enlightenment that makes it to the top of the New York Times bestseller list.

Barring that you'll probably have to settle for realizing your own personal goals. I don't mean to be a Debbie Downer but that's the reality of it.