View Single Post
Old 04-05-2015, 05:04 AM
JohnDoeMay2015

My friend actually got his name from a medicine man who was a friend. The shaman went on a week-long quest to learn his friend's name. He said that he was told in a dream that he should go on this quest for this reason and for this long. The dream was clear - one week and not a moment longer.

Six days passed and the medicine man had not yet come up with a name. He was afraid that he would have to go back to his friend empty. Sitting down against a tree to rest, he promptly fell asleep. While he slept he dreamt.

In his dream a herd of buffalo were charging ahead of a violent storm. The only thing louder than the hooves of the innumerable bison was the sound of thunder, the final boom woke him and he realized that it was not just in his dream. A huge storm had gathered and was headed his way. It was a real thunderclap that had awoken him. He had the name and looked at his watch just in time to see the second hand leave the twelve, seven days later.

And so he gave the name to his friend, "Thunder before the Storm" also known as Clyde Bellecourt, one of the founders of AIM. I have a picture of my wife and Clyde on the computer but just learned I can't upload pics.