View Single Post
Old 14-11-2017, 11:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Non-directed Meditation

Non-directed meditation helps awaken the kundalini and open the chakras. This happens naturally, spontaneously, without any need to manipulate one's experience in any way.

By "non-directed meditation" I mean any type of automatic, self-transcending meditation that allows the mind to easily and effortlessly settle inward, through quieter levels of thought, until you automatically experience the most silent and peaceful level of your own awareness — pure consciousness. There is no attempt to control or manipulate experience. Examples include Transcendental Meditation, and Sahaj Samadhi meditation (taught by Sri Sri Ravi Shankar's Art of Living Foundation).

I've practiced Transcendental Meditation since 1974, and the years I've had many, many experiences of kundalini and chakras. The opening of my heart chakra was particularly dramatic as there was a lot of pain in the center of my chest (indicating some blockage). However, this eventually led to some very beautiful experiences, including my "year of bliss", in which I experienced intense bliss radiating from the center of my chest all the time for about a year. It eventually settled down and since that time I just feel peaceful and joyful all the time.