View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 03:39 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
So I read an article on depression and the effects dreams have on it. They were implying that dreams are mainly a product of left over unresolved emotions from the day before. That they are there to finish the story so to speak. You know the old saying, don't go to bed angry. It is based on that where the brain will work to release the angry through a dream. But dreaming they say keeps us in REM sleep and it doesn't afford us deep restorative sleep thus causing depressed people to dream more and wake up tired perpetuating the feelings of being depressed and unmotivated. So they suggest treatments that eliminate dreaming. I was astounded when I read that. I can agree that odds are that depressed people dream more because they are trying to sort themselves out but to say that dreams are merely about the brain finishing an emotional release I think does dreams a real disservice. I do think they not only help us sort through the things that bother us but also help give us clues to where we should go in life. What we should do next. What we should look out for. I know for me if I ask questions before bed I will usually get my answers through my dreams. So I fully suspect that your dreams are your soul communications prodding you in directions your human brain might be too afraid to do otherwise. Sounds like they have your back if things always work out to your benefit. So I personally don't believe you should worry about what others think you should or shouldn't do. They are your dreams and it seems like you have a really good repertoire with them. You may be using them in a more advanced way than most people but that doesn't make it wrong or anything. If you aren't already, maybe even try to interact more with them by asking questions before bed and see what pops up. They seem cool to me. I'd like to have ones like that too.

Thanks :) I do that (ask for an answer or sign in my dream) when I am desperate for help, and I will get one. I just am confused by the nature of dreams sometimes. The warning ones I used to have always came up true, but I wouldn't say the advice ones are always to my benefit. I don't know yet...I started getting the advice dreams for me to follow in the recent years, I'll ignore or forget to implement about half; the ones I do act on usually work out very strangely; very unusual syncronicities and a magical feeling to it. I can't tell if it is good as it usually dosn't work out the way I hoped it would. I wonder the reason behind; to make me a happier person or to force more hardship and spiritual growth upon me. XD