View Single Post
Old 21-02-2018, 05:05 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OEN34
Her decision to enter a new relationship should have no value on your self worth. The two aren't linked. You are vulnerable and upset, hence feeling inadequate at the moment. Know that this isn't reality, it is ego.

There's no guide book to healing from a broken down relationship, we're all very different in how we deal with things and what methods work to heal us.

This is all very raw to you so you are within your rights to feel upset seeing her in a new relationship. Know that it's highly unlikely she has dealt with the split of you both within two months and is ready emotionally to move on., unless it was one of those relationships which was well over before it was over, i.e. it was completely broken down and emotionally she had already left.

A lot of people move on quickly as they do not want to face the emotions that arise from a relationship breaking down. They aren't aware they're moving on for this reason, but that is one of the reasons why they do it. They also seek comfort in someone, which links to this person providing them the happiness they long for.

Being on this forum you already probably know that nothing external will fulfill your happiness or desires. It may do temporary, but it is an illusion and offers no permanency. She is coping how she chooses to.

You are in a prime position now to really get under the skin of yourself. Plenty of you time, meditation, exercise, socailise with friends, reading, and pick up a book on healing if needs be.

Work on self love and remain loving and kind to your ex, no matter how hurt you may be.

The feelings you have right now are temporary. This has happened for a reason and you are being released to continue on your path - the path that is right for you.

Whenever uncomfortable feelings or thoughts arise, witness them, observe them, without any attachment and a guarantee you they will start to subside. It isn't a quick fix, but it absolutely works.

I try to remind myself of everything you’ve said. It’s just difficult to detach as there is still a lot unresolved baggage between us. I feel an energetic tie between us that doesn’t want to die. I know I can only focus on myself though. Even though it’s been difficult, it was the push I needed to truly expand my consciousness and ability to love. Thank you for the perspective you have provided.