Thread: Krishna
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2018, 03:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmode
Hello,
I want to ask, can you be a Krishna's devotee without joining in a community or cult organisation ?
Of course! If the bhakti and bhava is there.

Krishna says in the Bhagavad Gita 9:26:

patram puspam phalam toyam
yo me bhaktya prayacchati
tad aham bhakty-upahrtam
asnami prayatatmanah

I accept with love, all of the offerings that My selfless devotees present to Me (devotedly) in the form of leaves, flowers, fruits and water.

You don't have to join a community or a cult to do that. If you love Krishna, see Him in your heart, He is there (and everywhere else).

This may sound strange coming from a Shiva devotee, but I see Krishna and Shiva as one. Krishna is Shiva and Shiva is Krishna. All is Brahman and the Saguna aspect of Brahman has many faces to appeal to each devotee's heart.

I was also a Gaudiya Vaishnava for a while, but just loved that "demi-god scoundrel" Shiva too much to get involved in it more than I did. Back then, it really hurt when devotees of Krishna said bad things about Shiva, when I had nothing but love for Lord Krishna also, but Lord Shiva was the one who had stolen my heart, regardless.

Only Krishna knows how much you want to be a devotee and He didn't create all the cults and sects...humans did, so if you want to bypass humanity and reach straight for Him, study the Bhagavad Gita and read all translations of it until you find one that resonates with you, because you know that everybody who translates a sacred text according to agenda will be the first to say they are an 'authority' on the subject and call other translations 'trash' or 'rubbish' or 'the work of evil' etc...etc.