View Single Post
Old 29-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Experiencer
Cake

I have been baking my own bread for about 2 years now. Feels great. Home made cooking has got a hold of me.
I started baking cake too. I will give you my basic recipe and a few flavors I use.
I add a B12 supplement to my cakes and bread to meet my B12 needs. If you have a different way to get your B12, skip this.
As you can see I added the percentages for sugar and oil. You can check this with the English food trafficlight system. These values are within range.

The combination of flour from grains and legumes make this a well balanced source of proteins. imo.

I sieve the flour and sugar to make it looser. You get a smoother cake from it.

Dry ingredients
150 g wheat flour
100 g chickpea flour/ garbonzo flour
100 g sugar (of which 90 gram inverted/extra sweet sugar) (14%)
25 g cornflour
3.5 g baking soda
6 g salt, iodised
1 pce B12 1000mcg tablet (optional)

Wet ingredients
190 g soy- or nutmilk
80 g olive oil (11%)
65 g lukewarm water
15 g apple vinegar

Construction instructions
Grease a large enough pan with coconut oil. Coconut oil is very heat resistent. I prefer it far over sunflower oil.
Sieve the dry ingredients in a bowl. Grind the B12 tablet and add it. Use a whisker to mix everything together.
Put all the wet ingredients in another bowl. Whisk it through.
Add the dry to the wet ingredients.
Use a mixer with whisk tool to blend into a smooth batter. High speed for about 3 minutes.
Poor the batter in the pan. Use a spatula to get the last drop from the bowl. You paid for it.
Put it in the oven. Switch it on and bake for about 70 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius.
Take it out and let it cool in the pan.

Custom flavors

Cake and gingerbread spices
10 g cake and gingerbread spices
6 g vanilla essence

Ginger cake
use brown inverted sugar instead of white inverted sugar
60 g sweetened ginger for baking, mash it up in a food processor together with the milk and water. Otherwise it will sink to the bottom in your baking pan.
6 g vanilla essence

In the future I am going to try it with a tin of pine apple slices. Or cherries on syrup.

Last edited by mogenblue : 29-09-2016 at 04:58 PM.