View Single Post
Old 14-01-2014, 08:30 PM
DayLight1555

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2488
I've read that when it's time for resurrection, we get a body that's improved. A body that can't contract diseases, injuries, etc. My concern is that when we're resurrected from our graves, will won't get our physical features back. I mean, I'd want my face back. My long arms. My hair. In short, look the same as we were before death, as well as the added on improvements.

From what I heard, I believe that the body has to resemble you in order for you not to lose your identity. So I believe you will have the same body but modified in different areas. Just enough to make it better for you, but not enough to make you not know yourself. The more drastic modifications would have to be done gradually, so you get used to yourself. It's like when you're growing up as a child. You dont' have a child's body anymore, and yet you know that both that child and you are the same. It's because you have continuity, you were gradually changing. If you were a child, and went to sleep, and woke up in this adult body that you have now, you wouldn't think that it's you, because there is no continiuity.

Actually, I was hoping for a new and improved body. So when I was told that I will still look like myself, I was disappointed. But I was told that I may not feel the same way about myself as I do now (because maybe they would fix the feelings that make me feel insecure).