View Single Post
Old 27-08-2019, 09:09 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Hi, I just got a message regarding this thread....this needs to be 'brought up'!

It should be of interest to many here! Funny for me I mention 39 years of listening to the Word,
the Sound Current, Sat Nam, the Tao, AUM...so many names...now
it's been 46-7 yrs ..if I count the very first time I became aware of It.

Om is a human way to imitate It. Imagine hundreds of Buddhists making a continuous sound chanting Om...ringing brass bells and
singing bowls-beautiful ...but still only an imitation.

We have a need to connect with It;
this all pervasive vibration or sound that is all around us like air...and never ends.
Everywhere we go, It's there.
Concentrate on It and It leads to more than just a little sound.

Thanks for bringing this thread to light. I had been hoping and thinking of talking about cymatics and wondering why no one seems to care much. As it is a great way to see the relationship between sound and matter. And it is a short leap between that and mind and matter.

People talk a lot about vibrations but don't really explore it deeply and just skirt the surface with metaphor. But for me all of material reality consists of standing waves. And with standing waves you can literally see through paradox. What is both standing still and moving at the same time? A standing wave does this just fine.

There is a cosmic song that is the prime mover of all creation. Eternal and ever-present. What is interesting is the source of the song and the dance as a living expression of the source.