Thread: Tarot 101
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 04:35 PM
Experiencer
:icon_question:I have a question

If I am not wrong I think I read a post from Norseman saying Tarot 101 is there for Tarot Questions. I didn't really know how to go about it as the only possibility once in the Thread is to "post a reply", so that is what I did, correct me if I'm wrong....

Here is my question:

My daughter got "The Knight of Swords (Reverse) and The Devil (Reverse)" in "The Wisdom of the day" reading (that is the way we call that spread. We don't ask questions when we do that)

Thanks to anyone putting his/hers insight on this reading. If some of you use "reverse" meaning for the Tarot please let us know how you would interpret these 2 cards reversed as that is the way they came up.

I read that some readers who use the "Reverse" give just an opposite meaning, so "positive" cards become "negative" (you lose all the benefits) and vice versa... but others say that it is not totally accurate that in reality the "reverse" is not an opposite but a "diluted" version of the upright card, like if the card loses its strength. Which make "negative" cards like the "3 of Swords" not so dramatic, you are going to get hurt but it won't be so bad... or like for "The Fool" you would not be so enthousiastic, not so careless, not so prompt to believe, you would be more cautious as you go on your journey" So there is a positive aspect to the reverse as sometimes we better act more cautiously.

Anyhow thanks to let us know what wisdom the Knight of Swords (R) and the Devil (R) are giving to my daughter.

Peace